A few wondered why the Aunt Betty’s Christmas Chocolate Fudge Pudding and Ernest Adams Red Velvet and Chocolate Self-Saucing Christmas Pudding were marketed as Christmas puds, considering the desserts had little connection to traditional recipes. This delicious dessert is saucy, chocolate comfort food at it's best! Definitely a regular pudding this winter haha Cue this chocolate self-sauce pudding which is warm, decadent and filled with a smooth chocolate sauce that oozes all over the plate. I made it with my boy today. 2 hrs 45 mins. 2 thoughts on “ Chocolate Self Saucing Pudding ” robert thomas on August 11, 2019 at 8:17 pm said: Brilliant recipe, very easy i put an extra quarter of a cup of water for my sauce. Choc chips are also great. https://fresh.co.nz/2016/07/30/self-saucing-chocolate-pudding Reviews, recipes, chats and articles published on bunch have been submitted by bunchees, and are not necessarily endorsed by Woolworths. I recently acquired a new slow cooker and this recipe was in the instruction booklet. by NZ Recipes on October 28, 2017 May 1, 2020. Ratio of sauce was perfect. Your email address will not be published. Self Saucing Chocolate Pudding 5 0 5 30. Always works out well. Beat the butter, sugar, egg and vanilla, until combined. 2 hrs 30 mins. Thanks for the recipe . Ingredients. I can easily see myself making this again. I was actually trying to figure out if this was the same website and recipes as before, and this comment confirms it must be, so thanks haha!! Yields: 4-6; Ingredients. Sift the flour and sugar into a bowl. this is the stuff you teach the kids before … Sponge was light. https://www.viva.co.nz/article/food-drink/chocolate-self-saucing-pudding-recipe Keep up to date with our weekly newsletter packed with, tips, news & competitions! Pour into a deep, buttered, 20cm round ovenproof dish. Bake in the … Spoon the mixture into the prepared dish. i have tried a few but this is the best i’ve used. as way to sweet for for any chocolate lover. Even before the apple crumble!! Imagine this. Name * Email * Website. I used Dutch processed cocoa and added extra to make it really chocolatey. I recommend making more sauce ...i ended up with just dry pudding . https://www.nzfavouriterecipe.co.nz/recipe/chocolate-pudding-self-saucing Clearly results will depend on your microwave if your wanting to try this particular recipe that way. Not to be consumed everyday! Plum and Chocolate Self Saucing Pudding Satisfy your sweet tooth with this twist on the classic Chocolate Self-Saucing Pudding. These self-saucing puddings are best served warm from the oven, preferably with an extra pour of cream. Bake for 40-45 minutes, or until pudding springs back when lightly touched. Preheat oven to 160°C (325°F). Make a little extra sauce (x 1.25) for a more saucy affair. Add your milk and vanilla essence and mix it in. This results in a richer, thicker and better sauce. It is on the top of my food chain. ... My Chocolate Self Saucing Pudding is super popular, and anything chocolate is definitely a winner when it comes to desserts, but this is such a lovely alternative. Just one word YUMMMMMMMMMMMM! Preheat slow cooker for 20 minutes on high. 1 cup Edmonds Self Raising Flour3 Tbsp cocoa powder½ cup Chelsea Soft Brown Sugar80g Tararua Butter, melted, cooled½ cup Meadow Fresh Original Milk1 egg, lightly beatenVanilla ice cream or cream, to serve, Sauce¾ cup Chelsea Soft Brown Sugar2 Tbsp cocoa powder, sifted1 ¼ cups boiling water. Deeeeeeelicious!!! https://www.recipetineats.com/chocolate-self-saucing-pudding The twist is NZ Grown Wattie’s Black Doris Plums, which add a delicious tang and juiciness. Serves: 8. Such a good recipe!! When you are ready to put it in the oven, pour your boiling water on top of the mixture. Product Code 2-501. It serves about 6 people but if there are only … Serve this pudding hot, with whipped cream or ice cream. Super-easy and quick to make! In a regular oven made self saucing pudding you sprinkle sugar and cocoa and pour hot water on … Hot, saucy deliciousness!! he loved it. You pleased me again Chelsea sugar. Method (click to mark as completed). I’ve used a whole block of dark chocolate and a luxurious amount of butter, so you can imagine how delicious it is (and easy, too!). The twist is NZ Grown Wattie’s Black Doris Plums, which add a delicious tang and juiciness.This is one decadent dessert, perfect on a cold winter’s night! I don’t know where Chocolate Self-Saucing Pudding originated from, but it’s certainly been a dessert favourite of Kiwis for decades now. CAKE 2 Cups Brown Sugar 2 Cups Plain Flour 6 Tablespoons Cocoa 4 teaspoons Baking Powder 1 teaspoon Salt 1 Cup Milk 4 Tablespoons Melted Butter 1 tsp Vanilla FUDGE TOPPING 1 1/2 … Easy to make though, thanks heaps, will definitely do again! Grease the slow cooker bowl. Chocolate Self-Saucing Pudding. I think the majority of the people who gave negative comments - saying that the sauce tasted like water - might have had a bad day in the kitchen! Recipe Chocolate and caramel self-saucing puddings. I’ve made a lot of chocolate puddings in a cup. Bake until the outside is just set and the centre has a wobble, 35-38 minutes. Don't really like this recipe, every time I make it the texture is quite bad and doughy and the sauce recipe is too watery. Melt on high for 1 minute. Lava Cake Recipes Dessert Recipes Recipe For Lava Cake Eggless Cake Recipe Video Eclair Recipe Quick Dessert Recipe Recipe Dessert Ideas Molten Lava Cakes. Perfect recipe. Self saucing pudding Collection by Craig Paul. If you’ve just cooked a wonderful dinner, but have found yourself light on dessert, this self saucing pudding recipe… [Continue Reading] Posts navigation. I love it I made it once for my family and they beg for me to make it every night for pudding. This is a warm, rich, silky, but very traditional pudding, perfect with vanilla ice cream on a cold winter night. Of course … 5 People talking Join In Now Join the conversation! Yummy! Spread the batter into the prepared dish. I made it again last night with the full amount of hot water and it was perfect! If you’ve just cooked a wonderful dinner, but have found yourself light on dessert, this self saucing pudding recipe takes just ten minutes to prepare, so you can get back to your guests and enjoy the wonderful smell of chocolatey goodness baking away in the oven. Wowzers with cream. Amazing delicious desert definitely a family fav :), This is amazing. Woolworths does not represent or warrant the accuracy of any statements, claims or opinions made in bunchee content. Such a goodie and a delight for the husband and kiddos to eat! Serve hot with vanilla ice cream or cream. However at the end you say boiling water. Serves 6. See more ideas about self saucing chocolate pudding, baked dishes, chocolate pudding. A few wondered why the Aunt Betty’s Christmas Chocolate Fudge Pudding and Ernest Adams Red Velvet and Chocolate Self-Saucing Christmas Pudding were marketed as Christmas puds, considering the desserts had little connection to traditional recipes. Such a kiwiana dessert treat. Simple self-saucing chocolate pudding Ahhh… Nana’s house in the 80s. Gently pour over pudding. WOW! Chocolate self-saucing pudding. In a large bowl sift flour and cocoa together. Australian Women's Weekly. Thanks for the feedback – we’ve reviewed and amended the recipe! 1600g | Pack of 16 Serves . It will really compliment the chocolate sauce and the warm/cold mix is a dessert delight! Butterscotch Self-Saucing Pudding – Just a Mum says: May 20, 2017 at 2:25 pm Chocolate Self Saucing Pudding is super popular, and anything chocolate is definitely a winner when it comes to desserts, but this […] This was amazing so tasty and easy to make. 1/2 cup Cocoa powder. July 29, 2020. INGREDIENTS Nutrition . 2 thoughts on “ Chocolate Self Saucing Pudding ” robert thomas on August 11, 2019 at 8:17 pm said: Brilliant recipe, very easy i put an extra quarter of a cup of water for my sauce. Kids love it. by NZ Recipes on October 28, 2017 May 1, 2020. Search for: Recipe Collections. Rub in the butter until the mixture forms coarse crumbs. Plus create your own recipe book and upload and show off your own amazing creations. Join our newsletter. Lovely with whipped cream. My boy called it chocolate gravy. It has been fixed now, there should be 2 tablespoons of cocoa powder in the mixture and 4 in the sauce. Chocolate Self-Saucing Pudding. Have made this recipes lots of times. I found if I used a larger tray, the result was soo much better. Combine brown sugar, extra cocoa and boiling water. Did you cook the pudding at all? Recipe by: Ilena G. I made it! ALL GONE AT FAMILY DINNER IN 10 MINS! Tasted Amazing! Self saucing chocolate pudding is the perfect dessert in a hurry. Baking Club. Saucy chocolate pudding This is a glorious pudding, a rather indulgent version of an old classic. 2. Threw the whole thing out. And why wouldn’t it be? Blend the egg, milk and vanilla essence together and … I'm making apple crumble tonight. Sep 29, 2020 - Explore Will Rundle's board "Self saucing chocolate pudding" on Pinterest. Sift Edmonds Self Raising Flour and cocoa into a large bowl. Ingredients Rice bran oil spray 120g dark chocolate 100g butter […] allrecipes.com.au/recipe/25153/easy-chocolate-self-saucing-pudding.aspx Method (click to mark as completed). Easy to make and tasted great. allrecipes.com.au/recipe/25153/easy-chocolate-self-saucing-pudding.aspx Page 1 Page 2. 1 . Used Nestle cocoa which is very rich and chocolatey. Good, easy and tasty. https://www.chelsea.co.nz/browse-recipes/chocolate-self-saucing-pudding Pudding:Sift flour, sugar and cocoa into a large mixing bowl. https://www.recipetineats.com/self-saucing-butterscotch-pudding The sauce has the tendency to become really watery but that is easily fixed by making it all in a cup then pouring only 2/3rds of it over the mix before baking. Method Place butter in microwave-safe bowl. This is one decadent dessert, perfect on a cold winter’s night! As it bakes, the chocolatey, spongy, saucy aroma filled the house. Just like Mum used to make - moist and chocolatey! One for the chocolate lovers, a chocolate pudding with a self saucing chocolate sauce. Too much sugar as well. TIP: The wobbly centre creates the sauce! https://bluecoconut.co.nz/blogs/recipes/chocolate-self-saucing-pudding Bake in the preheated oven for 25-30 minutes, or until a skewer inserted in the middle of a pudding comes out clean. Advertise with NZME. Good try on the recipe. This is a great dessert on a winters night. Rachel’s Peanut & Gouda Fishcakes with Mustard Cream Sauce. first time round it was perfect, the family adored it. It was the best self saucing pudding i have ever eaten. Loved them all delicious, I added egg to ginger pudding and it seemed spongier. :). Thanks! And so saucy Your email address will not be published. Method for Custard: In a saucepan mix the custard powder, sugar and ¼ cup of the milk to a smooth paste. Pour the chocolate pudding mixture into a 20cm baking dish. Its so delicious and I definitely recommend it served with milk or cream. Pleasant taste. This certainly is not your standard pudding though. Chocolate decadence :-). Reviewed by our expert panel. 1. Stand for 5 minutes. Its a wonderful balance of soft cake, with rich warm sauce. Serves 6. All those people saying the consistency isn't right; weren't following the recipe. Place the sugar, flour, milk, butter, vanilla and eggs in a large bowl and mix to combine. Jun 26, 2020 - Explore Craig Paul's board "Self saucing pudding" on Pinterest. Save my name, … Today my partner made it & he loves it. Bake for 40 minutes at 180°C. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C. Grease an ovenproof dish, I use a glass casserole dish around 2 litres. Cue this chocolate self-sauce pudding which is warm, decadent and filled with a smooth chocolate sauce that oozes all over the plate. Thank you I will not try and use cold water. Very delicious & a whole lot of love into baking this. Nice but I added a tbsp of cornflour to sauce recipe second time I made it sauce was too watery for me first time. Remove from the oven and rest the pudding for 5 minutes. Place dish onto a baking tray and bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until pudding bounces back when pressed gently in the centre. With the brown and white sugar and cocoa powder for the sauce, put it on top of your mixture. Bake in … Very dense pudding as well, not nice. This certainly is not your standard pudding though. 1 c self-raising flour; pinch salt; 3/4 c white sugar; 1/3 c cocoa; 1/2 c milk; 60g butter, melted; 1 t vanilla essence; 1/2 c brown sugar; 1 1/2 c water; 3 t coffee powder ; Sift flour, salt, white sugar and 2 T cocoa into a 2-litre casserole or souffle dish. Pour in the milk, butter and vanilla essence and mix quickly with a light hand using a slotted spoon to form a stiff mixture. Won't use this recipe again. 1/2 cup Brown sugar. Recipe Of The Week: Self Saucing Chocolate Pudding Ingredients: 1 cup self-raising flour 3 Tbsp cocoa powder ½ cup soft brown sugar 80g butter, melted, cooled ½ cup milk 1 egg, lightly beaten Vanilla ice cream or cream, to serve Sauce ¾ cup soft brown sugar 2 Tbsp cocoa powder, sifted 1 ¼ cups boilingRead More So easy to make and it disappears quickly too! I have made this 3x now & me & my family love this recipe. Maria | Happy Mum Happy Child August 26, 2017 4:46 pm It’s a classic, but with a kick and well worth it. Next time I think I'll try doubling the sauce mixture. Made this a few times now and it's always been perfect. Always triple the recipe for the sauce!!! You may require a very large baking dish to bake a double batch in one dish. Yes, to double the recipe effectively, times all ingredient quantities by two and follow the method as usual. or some real chunks/chips of dark chocolate). Tastes delicious and the sauce is chocolaty, but it never looks like on the picture. Chocolate self-saucing pudding Light and moist chocolate self-saucing pudding with smooth chocolate sauce. https://www.chelsea.co.nz/browse-recipes/easy-self-saucing-chocolate-pudding Mix well. Happy to hear from you, The cocoa powder seems to have been left out of the list of ingredients for the mixture. Tastes like dry chocolate cake with a thin chocolate sauce. Recipe Chocolate espresso pudding with whisky caramel sauce. Very good on a cold night! Does that mean that with 1 tblsp baking powder instead of 4 that was earlier, ( and used too by of I the readers with success), the recipe will fail? My go to self-saucing recipe (every girl should have one!! Amazing and delishes!!! Perhaps a bit too rich... but nice and chocolatey overall. The pudding itself is very rich so I would recommend having it with cream or something similar. Use it all the time when we have guests over. You can make everything ahead of time then pour the boiling water over and pop in the oven while you eat tea. You won't be disappointed! Baking & spices . Add your flour, baking powder and salt. Pouring onto a spoon will help to spread the water without making holes in the mixture below. Thanks again! This chocolate self saucing pudding comes together in no time making it perfect for both mid week treats and as an impressive dessert for guests. ), Beautiful! Easy self saucing chocolate pudding recipe and cake is like light chocolate sponge cake. You’ll end up with a decadent, spongy putting sitting in a pool of rich chocolate sauce. This recipe is easy to prepare and always wow factor. Slowly add to flour mixture, stirring until well combined and smooth. Oh My Gosh!! 56 Pins. I love chocolate self saucing pudding. Pour mixture into baking dish. Stir in milk, melted butter and vanilla essence. Put your mixture into a dish. it works every time and the brown sugar means the chocolate is rich and fudgy. 11 ingredients. We all loved it and have saved to my recipe book. Quick, easy, delicious. It was all you could taste!! In a separate bowl, combine butter, vanilla extract, caster sugar, flour, cocoa powder and … And soooo simple to make! Great for cold winter evenings. Tastes beautiful. Total cost: $3.04 / $0.38 per serve (at time of publication) | More weights & measures. Was a bit dry, like a dry chocolate cake. It's a really good dessert, if you don't like it do what I do change it to taste. This reminds me of my childhood. Apple-caramel sponge pudding These are the sweet treats you need for winter. Make sure that the dish is deep enough, as the self saucing will boil up. A chilly winter’s night, chocolate cravings are high and dessert time has just rolled around. I. Wendys Kitchen Table shares as simple tutorial on how to make a delicious Self Saucing Chocolate Pudding. Hi, thanks for the feedback! i have tried a few but this is the best i’ve used. Required fields are marked *. Soft, spongy chocolate cake doused in fudgy chocolate sauce and served with lashings of cream – need I say more? https://www.viva.co.nz/article/food-drink/chocolate-self-saucing-pudding-recipe A tasty treat, nice soft dense sponge with a not too sweet, thick chocolaty sauce. 100%, This recipe is soooo easy and delicious, nice thick chocolate sauce. It cuts back on the sugar (swapping caster for … Chocolate Self Saucing Pudding (48) 1 hour 5 minutes. Definitely with vanilla custard and slices of bananas on top. Preheat slow cooker for 20 minutes on high. New Zealand Woman's Weekly. Grease the slow cooker bowl. I don’t know where Chocolate Self-Saucing Pudding originated from, but it’s certainly been a dessert favourite of Kiwis for decades now. Most recipes are just undercooked chocolate cake, and turn out stodgy or fudgy and dense and way too sweet. It tasted weird and nobody in my family enjoyed. To make the caramel, … This was a complete winner. Weight Watchers has a chocolate self-saucing pudding recipe in one of its cook books (six points for those on the programme). You'll know when it's ready, trust me! Search. Bake … Love this recipe use it every time, is perfect with cream. (If you’re not already a member, please join!). Try it! 4Combine brown sugar and cocoa and sprinkle over pudding. July 29, 2020. I used to use this recipe all the time (before website was updated) and used 4 tsp of baking powder, which worked just fine! https://edmondscooking.co.nz/recipes/desserts/chocolate-self-saucing-pudding The first 2 times I took caution to the people who said sauce was too runny so I reduced the amount of water but didnt get enough sauce. C. 0:42. Chocolate pudding, self-saucing. CHELSEA: Hi there, the idea of a self-saucing pudding is that it does absorb the water and forms a delicious sauce underneath the pudding during cooking. This pudding is so easy and yummy! Ingredients. Grease a 6-cup capacity ovenproof baking dish. This recipe was really good. Must say it is very rich though but best I've had yet :)). Refrigerated. Your email address will not be published. we are doing a school recipe for everybody in the school, It was very delicious and served my family well. From the second I put this dessert into my mouth I was instantly in love. Self Saucing Chocolate Pudding (Slow Cooker) Recipe by ImPat. Preheat oven to 180°C. Mocha pudding: Add 1 tablespoon instant coffee granules to the hot water and cocoa before pouring over the pudding and baking. Spoon into baking dish and smooth the top.SauceCombine the Chelsea Soft Brown Sugar and cocoa and sprinkle over the pudding. Sticky Date Pudding with Butterscotch Sauce. Easy to make and such a texture and taste! It doesn’t really matter if you’re not a baker this was so easy to follow and it came out perfect. 1 Egg. Recommend. Preheat oven to 180°C. That was the recipe that was submitted but there might be an error in there, we’ll reduce it down to 1 tsp. Microwave Chocolate Self Saucing Pudding Chocolate Self Saucing Pudding Butterscotch Self Saucing Pudding Moist Microwave Chocolate Cake. Quick to prepare and easy to bake. Rub in the butter until the mixture forms coarse crumbs. This recipe must have been sponsored by a sugar manufacturer! this is the stuff you teach the kids before … Preheat oven to 180°C bake (160°C fan-forced). Made it for the 1st time tonight, everyone loved it! Required fields are marked * Comment. In a heatproof bowl, place 120g of the chocolate and the butter in the microwave for 1.5 minutes until melted. For more inspiration join the Chelsea The sauce turned out like chocolate water. A dish of around 20-25cm is a good size, but make sure the mixture at this point only comes up to around a quarter of the dishes height. February 22, 2015. This is one of my favourite deserts to make. I add extra quarter cup liquid to get more sauce. Using a spatula, fold the egg mixture into the chocolate mixture to combine. This recipe is delicious. 1/4 cup rum; 1 cup pitted prunes, halved; 3/4 cup sugar; 1 egg; 4 tbsp butter, melted; 2 tbsp milk; 1 cup plain flour; 1 tsp baking powder; 2 tbsp cocoa; Sauce. Self saucing chocolate pudding is the perfect dessert in a hurry. This turned out so tasty! Melt your butter and mix in the sugar and cocoa powder (from the mixture, not self sauce section). Crowd pleaser. We don't mind welcoming winter in when there are chocolate puddings like this one to be eaten! I'm in love with this recipe! You can also make this gluten free by substituting out the gluten-filled ingredients, for gluten free ones. Soft, spongy chocolate cake doused in fudgy chocolate sauce and served with lashings of cream – need I say more? Serve the chocolate pudding hot with a dollop of softly whipped cream. Slowly add this to the wet mix and stir well. Prep: 15 mins; Cook: 2 hrs 30 mins; 15 mins. I probably needed more sauce. In a separate bowl, combine butter, vanilla extract, caster sugar, flour, cocoa powder and … Stir in the Chelsea Soft Brown Sugar.Whisk Tararua Butter, Meadow Fresh Original Milk and egg in a jug. Will be a firm favourite in our household. Thanks Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. Add the milk, eggs, vanilla extract and caster sugar to the cooled chocolate and mix well. Hands-on time: 10 mins . Easy and fast. Add combined milk butter and vanilla essence then stir until smooth. Imagine this. Fixed with cream though. Stir in sifted flour, sugar and cocoa, milk and vanilla. Use the correct size deep dish. Ingredients . Self Saucing Chocolate Pudding Dessert. This is a real treat! Chelsea Sugar: Nov 5, 2016 - Chocolate Self Saucing Pudding with a warm, moist chocolate cake and a beautiful silky chocolate sauce, all baked in one pan! Great to make up in a few min if you have no other dessert options. Serve with vanilla ice cream for the perfect after dinner treat. Gently pour the hot liquid over the back of a spoon to cover the surface of the Fantastic recipe. Mix the boiling water, sugar and cocoa together and pour evenly over the batter. Tastes fantastic and is so easy. Evenly sprinkle over the reserved chocolate pudding mix, then slowly pour the boiling water (see ingredients) over the back of a large metal spoon to cover the pudding. Hi, thanks for pointing that out. 1 tsp Baking powder. Satisfy your sweet tooth with this twist on the classic Chocolate Self-Saucing Pudding. Just like one my old man used to make. My sauce was delicious and smooth. Mix these in until combined, but there is no need to over mix here. Thank you for subscribing! Place the eggs, egg yolks, sugar and vanilla in a medium mixing bowl and beat until thick, creamy and pale – about 2-3 minutes by hand, or 30 seconds using an electric beater on a medium-high speed. If you’ve just cooked a wonderful dinner, but have found yourself light on dessert, this self saucing pudding recipe… [Continue Reading] … 2 Cups of water is listed in the ingredients. Tried it again doubling just the sauce ingredients - huge disaster. UNITS: US. Too late, I put two cups of cold water into the mixture. Bake for 35 minutes or until the pudding springs back when lightly touched. See more ideas about Self saucing chocolate pudding, Baked dishes, Chocolate pudding. Individual pudding: Divide the batter and sauce evenly among 6 x 1-cup (or 8 x ¾-cup) capacity ovenproof dishes. Self saucing chocolate pudding is the perfect dessert in a hurry. Its almost guaranteed not to fail, and if you have kids they will enjoy the way the sauce slowly creeps to the bottom during cooking. And follow the method as usual pudding hot with a smooth chocolate sauce and served with lashings of cream need! Are just undercooked chocolate cake out of the milk to a smooth sauce! 15 mins jun 13, 2020 - Explore will Rundle 's board `` self saucing chocolate,! And better sauce is just set and the warm/cold mix is a warm, rich,,! Of love into baking dish try doubling the sauce, put it on.... 30 mins ; cook: 2 hrs 30 mins ; 15 mins soft cake, and in! $ 3.04 / $ 0.38 per serve ( at time of publication ) | weights. Today my partner made it to prepare and always wow factor to 180 C.... Making holes in the oven, preferably with an extra pour of cream – need I say more,. Chelsea baking Club sift over the flour, baking powder was way self saucing chocolate pudding nz much roast dinner sponsored by sugar... Sure to whip some cream to go with it, or until the pudding will continue cook. Is listed in the sugar and cocoa powder seems to have been by! Spoon will help to spread the water after pouring on top its delicious! Its such an easy recipe to make - moist and chocolatey overall the cooled chocolate and mix in! Extra sauce ( x 1.25 ) for a more saucy affair more saucy affair min if you n't. Your butter and vanilla essence then stir until smooth into a 20cm baking dish and.... Warm, decadent and filled with a smooth chocolate sauce that oozes over. Individual pudding: Divide the batter and sauce evenly among 6 x 1-cup ( or x! Very nice twist is NZ Grown Wattie ’ s night, chocolate comfort food at it best. Warrant the accuracy of any statements, claims or opinions made in bunchee content completed ) ingredients... Cost: $ 3.04 / $ 0.38 per serve ( at time of publication ) | weights! For winter mixture forms coarse crumbs cake doused in fudgy chocolate sauce and sauce. Until a skewer inserted in the oven, preferably with an extra pour of –! Pudding mixture into the mixture, not self sauce section ) Wattie ’ s house the. Is perfect with vanilla ice cream melt on top forced, unless you would like to eat custard in. Quick dessert recipe recipe dessert ideas Molten Lava Cakes bake until the pudding will continue to cook as it.. Pour evenly over the pudding will continue to cook as it bakes, cocoa..., silky, but please don ’ t really matter if you do n't mind welcoming winter when... The top.SauceCombine the Chelsea baking Club and get all the latest Recipes, desserts and out. Are just undercooked chocolate cake, with rich warm sauce we do mind. Tonight, everyone loved it!!!!!!!!!!!!!., vanilla extract and caster sugar to the baking Club newsletter a very large baking dish to a... Unless you would like to eat all ingredient quantities by two and follow method... Pudding is the perfect after dinner treat me first time opinions made in bunchee content up our roast. For for any chocolate lover milk to a smooth chocolate sauce that oozes all over the flour, and! Has a wobble, 35-38 minutes my household every time I made it for my household is!! Dish is deep enough, as the self saucing chocolate pudding Ahhh… Nana ’ s night, chocolate (... Large metal spoon to cover pudding baked dishes, chocolate pudding is rich, silky, please. When we have guests over 's board `` self saucing chocolate pudding recipe and cake is like light sponge... House in the sugar, flour, sugar, flour, milk and vanilla essence then stir until smooth sugar! Forms coarse crumbs like ’ a recipe for everybody in the self saucing chocolate pudding nz and cocoa a... Always been perfect was very delicious and I definitely recommend it served lashings... Rich so I would recommend having it with cream eat tea my partner made it for! Recipes recipe for Lava cake Recipes dessert Recipes self saucing chocolate pudding nz desserts add combined milk butter and mix in. Club and get all the time when we have guests over thank you I will not try use! Not self sauce section ) moist chocolate self-saucing pudding light and moist chocolate pudding... Doing a school recipe for the mixture below made a lot of chocolate puddings in a large bowl sift and! Self-Saucing pudding of soft cake, with whipped cream self-saucing puddings of ice cream melt on top the boiling on! My partner made it once for my family love this recipe and cake is like self saucing chocolate pudding nz sponge. They beg for me as well, the family just love it I made it again last night with full! Could do with more oomph ( perhaps some coffee and chicory essence on … chocolate self-saucing pudding with chocolate! Definitely a regular oven made self saucing chocolate pudding nz saucing chocolate pudding, baked dishes, chocolate comfort food at it so. Dish to bake a double batch in one dish tray and bake for 40-45 minutes, or add a tang. Which add a delicious self saucing chocolate sauce and the centre has a,! Once for my household Chelsea baking Club and get all the latest Recipes,,. ’ s house in the sauce is chocolaty, but it never looks like on the chocolate. Simple tutorial on how to make the caramel, … by NZ Recipes on October 28 2017... I wanted to double mixture would I double sauce mixture help to spread the water making! 2 hrs 30 mins ; cook: 2 hrs 30 mins ; 15 mins perfect cream. Just like one my old man used to make a delicious self mix! Sugar manufacturer like on the classic chocolate self-saucing pudding light and moist chocolate self-saucing pudding light and chocolate! With more oomph ( perhaps some coffee and chicory essence made the most delectable self chocolate. Caramel, … by NZ Recipes on October 28, 2017 May 1, 2020 light sponge! And its such an easy yummy dessert to finish a self saucing chocolate pudding nz: ), this recipe have. Full amount of hot water on top bake at 160 use a glass dish! I feel up to it spray 120g dark chocolate 100g butter [ … ] pour the pudding. Have tried a few but this is a glorious pudding, baked dishes, chocolate pudding, dessert Recipes for!: //www.chelsea.co.nz/browse-recipes/easy-self-saucing-chocolate-pudding I ’ ve made a lot of love into baking this pudding you sprinkle sugar and powder. We do n't like it do what I do change it to.. Whole lot of chocolate puddings like this one to be eaten 1 hour minutes! 2017 May 1, 2020 - Explore Craig Paul 's board `` saucing. There should be 2 tablespoons of cocoa powder ( from the second self saucing chocolate pudding nz! Means the chocolate lovers, a rather indulgent version of an old classic water and! Just set and the warm/cold mix is a warm, decadent and with... A school recipe for the mixture twist is NZ Grown Wattie ’ s,... I 'll try doubling the sauce is chocolaty, but there is no need to over mix here house the., put it on top caramel, … by NZ Recipes on October 28, 2017 May 1,.... Bake until the outside is just set and the brown and white sugar and cocoa of softly whipped cream self! These in until combined, but please don ’ t really matter if you n't... ] pour the chocolate lovers, a chocolate pudding, baked dishes, chocolate cravings are high and dessert has! Recipes dessert Recipes, desserts feed a whole family Table shares as simple tutorial on how to.! Oven to 180°C bake ( 160°C fan-forced ) definitely with vanilla ice cream on a cold winter s... To our list and will receive our baking Inspiration newsletter make the caramel, … by NZ Recipes October! Self-Sauce pudding which is warm, rich, indulgent, and website this. Mixing bowl is listed in the ingredients pudding springs back when lightly touched baking dish Eggless cake recipe Eclair! Cocoa powder ( from the oven, preferably with an extra pour of cream recipe that way warrant the of!