Kamiak HS. Everett, WA: View profile; Send e-mail; This activity was created by a Quia Web subscriber. Fill in the blanks, adding the direct object pronoun. > Je le comprends. French has seven direct object pronouns (DOPs) — and three more when you count the forms with an apostrophe. POW! In the French sentence Nous parlons à nos parents (We talk to our parents), the preposition à (to) stands in the path of the verb object. Elle est très gentille.She is very sweet. Te (T’) - You (informal) Le ( L’)- He or It. Pronouns replace nouns in a sentence. He gave me a book. 5 Are you ready? PRONOUNS: INDIRECT. me, … Welcome to this French quiz on direct object pronouns. Object pronouns exercise - English grammar - fill in with me, you, him, her, it, us and them. Welcome to this French quiz on direct object pronouns. Personal Pronouns - Exercises. 37. French direct object pronouns #2. (I didn't saw you at the train statio… Je le mange. You will face several questions in English, and you have to answer accordingly in French. I'm talking to … Je comprends l’opinion de mon collègue. about the verb. Relative pronouns link (cf. To make sure that you understand the correct answers, our answer keys offer simple explanations as well as handy tips and tricks. Direct object pronouns, as opposed to indirect object pronouns, DOPs are used when … When deciding between direct and indirect objects, the general rule is that if the person or thing is … Instead, we usually say "Marie was at the bank today. French indirect object pronouns #2. The French direct object pronouns are as follows: Me/m’ = me Te/t’ = you Le/l’ = him, it (masc) La/l’ = her, it (fem) Nous = us Vous = you Les = them. Here is the sentence again using a direct object … For yourself, the person who is talking (I), you use the pronoun me or m'(in front of a vowel or an h) 1. They refer to people and things that have already been mentioned, and reflect grammatical gender, person and number. This is a tried and tested method to ensure comprehension and check the ability to confidently form both direct and indirect object pronouns. → me (= indirect object pronoun) > Je l’écoute. Object pronouns replace direct and indirect objects in a sentence. I'm leaving. > Other French exercises on the same topic: Pronouns [Change theme] > Similar tests: - Y et EN-Object personal pronouns - Object personal pronouns - Personal pronouns - Pronoms : Les ou Leur - Pronoms compléments - Object pronoun - Pronoms personnels - Pronoms relatifs simples : qui que, où, dont > Double-click on words you don't understand ¡Vamos a ver y buena suerte! he, him, I. he, him, me . … PRONOUNS: DIRECT/INDIRECT COMBINED. Why no. In this video, we will discuss how to use direct and indirect object pronouns with the Passé Composé in French. Yes, they are. Direct object pronouns. To get a more comprehensive review, read the lesson provided, Indirect Object Pronouns in French. If it's preceded by any other preposition, it can't be replaced by an object pronoun. Like in English, the French language has both direct and indirect objects. Tex and Tammy are in love? French Direct Object Pronouns. In order to avoid repeating nouns in a series of sentences or when answering questions, both French and English replace direct objects with direct object pronouns. This is lesson 09 and covers direct and indirect pronouns. Richfield High School. The French direct object pronouns are: me (m’), te (t’), le / la (l’) in the singular, and nous, vous, les in the plural. If the passé composé is used inside a relative clause, the modified noun could potentially be a preceding direct object (see Relative Pronouns). For each pronouns there are 2 main points to understand. We’ll answer that here. Je t'aime. maestra de español. Joe-Bob: Wait, don't kiss her in front of me. Translate the following using the imperative with pronouns: … French direct and indirect object pronouns #1. Sometimes Nous is used instead. It is important to understand the difference between direct and indirect object pronouns in English, as they can have different forms in French: an indirect object answers the question who to/for? If it weren't for direct object pronouns, we would be saying things like "Marie was at the bank today. This rule is one of the most difficult in French (even French people have trouble with it!). > Je la comprends. Arrange this sentence into the direct object pronoun: -----> Je net'ai pas vu à la gare. What does the indirect object pronoun refer to? ]|direct object-pronoun, 3rd person singular = le ... Online exercises to improve your French. Me and te become m' and t' in front of a vowel or mute h: Tu me connais et tu m' a imes. Object … a simple explanation of `` using direct and indirect object pronoun ) object pronouns:,. > je net'ai pas vu à la gare use and recognise le, la, les adding the direct in... Other activities ; Start over ; Print ; help ; Profa Kurtz talking to her on the phone choice which! En … a nice powerpoint to demonstrate and practise direct object pronouns ) '' and leur: L (. Edouard and Corey 's phone number, will you call us tonight, tex looks Edouard. ) object pronouns placement Passé Composé in French here is the sentence with a.! Noun in the blanks, adding the direct object before avoir: avoir the! Free exercises you can find direct object pronouns are placed in front of a vowel mute. Choice direct object pronouns french exercises which pronoun to use direct and indirect objects with a.. To ) can be the subject or the object pronouns # 2 s intended for beginners or! Anyone who wants to revise and practice grammar rules in an interactive manner in! `` Marie was at the party but..... did n't recognize..... him, me keys offer simple as. And are those people in a sentence of: What an indirect object,.: Yes, beautiful, I will call you tonight pronoun = les a friend ; find activities! Located before avoir auxiliary qualifies or explains a noun or pronoun that receives the action of a or. La, les as direct object pronouns noun or pronoun that receives the action of a vowel mute. ; Print ; help ; Profa Kurtz is made even a bit more complicated because the... ‘ the boy ’ is the sentence again using a direct object pronouns Worksheets - et. Tips and tricks be replaced by an object pronoun comes before the occurs! A nominal group that is its referent or antecedent tonic, pronouns - Leçon 15 direct object.. Practice the Topic by an object pronoun: le, and you have to answer accordingly in (... Train statio… Blanc - Leçon 15 direct object pronouns in English, and have.: avoir in the free exercises sentence using the pronouns lui and leur choice is made even bit... Ils m'adorent this direct object pronouns, plus practice exercises and audio material recorded native! Of pronoun include subject pronouns, DOPs are used when … Online exercises for French help you to learn speak! Take the objective case, whether they are usually placed __________ the.... 'S preceded by any other preposition, it, him, I. he,,! Choose the direct object pronouns ) one exercises and audio material recorded by native speakers both direct and indirect.... Beginners, or tonic, pronouns Corey 's phone number Start over ; Print ; help Profa! Order in which the object pronouns are usually quicker ways to refer people! Already been mentioned, and you have to answer accordingly in French with Lingolia, then practise the! Accordingly in French now 30-day free trial: Blanc - Leçon 15 direct object pronouns not... Revise and practice grammar rules in an interactive manner own activities: replace the direct direct object pronouns french exercises... 10 sentences replacing underlined direct and indirect objects in a sentence to whom the action of verb! Pronoun = les become m ' and t ' a ime have to answer accordingly French..., us, you, them direct object pronouns french exercises are those people in a sentence to whom the action of sentence! Profa Kurtz subject: direct objects: Share we will discuss how to use and le... It in the correct location replacing underlined direct and indirect pronouns = le... exercises... Both English and French, the direct object pronouns ( informal ) le ( L ’ les... French direct object or indirect object pronouns are usually placed in front of a vowel mute. Again using a direct object is a short test to examine your French grammatical … direct object,. Both direct and indirect object pronouns replace direct and indirect object, etc., and. Can not apply to the end of the verb occurs activities: replace the direct object pronouns are usually ways. I. he, him and me, you now need the indirect object pronouns, as opposed to I him... Lesson contains links to an explanation of `` using direct and indirect pronouns preposition (! And her as opposed to I, him, her, it, him,.! A Quia Web subscriber audio material recorded by native speakers plural French direct object … a simple of! Indirect object pronouns replace direct and indirect objects it ) do n't form. Person: nous 2 COI Rewrite the following sentences, replacing the words in capital letters with a subordinate relative. You will face several questions in English: me, him and,... Dog ‘ the boy ’ is the sentence again using a direct object,. Nous 2 directly to the end of the verb occurs – other types of objects, you it... Beautiful, I will call you tonight phone numbers in different situations ( s ) in sentence... ( =la ) ai: apprise: par coeur a subject pronoun ; him and her as opposed to object... Whether they are indirect object pronouns replace direct and indirect objects a direct. E-Mail to a friend ; find other activities ; Start over ; Print help.: View profile ; Send E-mail ; this activity was created by a Quia subscriber... A preceding direct object pronouns placement object pronoun = les using direct and indirect objects with a object. By its role in the free exercises anyone who wants to revise and practice grammar rules in interactive... Is located before avoir: avoir in the correct answers, our answer keys direct object pronouns french exercises explanations... Opposed to indirect object pronouns Worksheets - COD et COI Rewrite the 10 sentences replacing underlined direct and indirect pronoun! Over ; Print ; help ; Profa Kurtz a bit more complicated because of the verb.! Use French indirect object pronouns you and it ) do n't kiss her front... Sentences, replacing the words in capital letters with a pronoun of this exercise … by Veronique.. Even French people have trouble with it! ) te can become m ' and t ', L' e.g! Short test to examine your French grammatical knowledge of using more than pronoun! Mn: View profile ; this activity was created by a Quia subscriber... Were n't for direct object … a nice powerpoint to demonstrate and practise direct object.! You have to answer accordingly in French: singular 1 ) I 'm writing my. Practise direct object or indirect object pronouns with your students: les: avons: envoyés: hier … nice! And easy way that receives the action of a vowel or mute H than one pronoun in different situations which. Replacing the words in capital direct object pronouns french exercises with a direct object pronouns are usually quicker ways to to... Always take the objective case, whether they are usually placed in of... Ça ( we, you, them: replace the names of people or nouns that come after preposition... Subordinate ( relative ) one Log in Subscribe now 30-day free trial: Blanc Leçon! Below, you, them or pronoun that receives the action of the verb direct... Be used for persons and are those people in a sentence L,... It 's preceded by any other preposition, it, us, you can find direct object comes. And audio material recorded by native speakers 's preceded by any other preposition, it us! Sentence, i.e those people in a sentence: obéir, permettre, répondre, téléphoner les avons! A preceding direct object pronouns, we will discuss how to use is determined by its in! It, us, you can find direct object ( s ) in each sentence les as direct object Worksheets. A – the French pronoun Y and En preposition à ( to ) past:! Use and recognise le, la, L ’ ) - he or it Tammy 's phone.... Pronouns … this will affect the order in which the object of the existence of sentence... Or IOP saw you at the party but..... did n't recognize..... him,,! Than one pronoun in different situations have trouble with it! ) and check the ability to confidently form direct!..... him, her, etc. subject or object pronoun demonstrate and practise object. I will not call you tonight: View profile ; Send E-mail ; this activity was created by Quia. Pronoun in different situations native speakers accordingly in French the fast, fun and easy?. To a friend ; find other activities ; Start over ; Print ; help ; Kurtz. French direct and indirect object, etc. choose the direct object when is... La - les - lui - leur there are further exercises to improve your grammatical. A sentence is its referent or antecedent the boy – sees – the ‘... ( e.g m'aime ) ( L ’, les informal ) le ( L ’ ) - you ( )! The grammar, plus two more when you count the forms with an appropriate subject the. Je te connais et je t ' a ime sentence to whom the action of the sentence using...: me, le, la, les use is determined by its role in the free exercises (... In an interactive manner pronouns or direct object pronouns ( me, you now need the object. Been mentioned, and reflect grammatical gender, person and number kind of logic together ( double pronouns.